Please see the Information below in regards to the change in walk-in process
[/vc_column_text][vc_column_text]Liverpool Attendance Returns
116 of our 168 schools submitted a return to the DfE – 69% response rate
· Of those, 102 reported that they were fully open – 87.9% compared to the national fig of 86.8%
Nursery Schools – 3 fully open; 2 no return
Primary Schools – 68 fully open; 10 not fully open; 40 no return
Secondary Schools – 20 fully open; 3 not fully open; 9 no return
Special Schools- 10 fully open; 1 not fully open; 1 no return
· The overall attendance rate for the city (including schools that are not fully open) is 84.4% compared to the national attendance rate of 81.2% (all mainstream academies and free schools and maintained schools only – excludes 16-19 provision, independent schools etc)
· Nursery – 51.3%
· Primary – 85.7%
· Secondary – 83.1%
· Special – 83.9%
· Attendance rate for just those schools that are fully open is 88%[/vc_column_text][vc_column_text]Help us to help you: Liverpool walk-in centres
The walk-in centres provide consultations, advice and treatment for minor injuries and illnesses, examples include: minor infections and rashes, stomach upsets, superficial cuts and bruises, strains and sprains, coughs, colds and flu-like symptoms. Also provided is emergency contraception and advice and Chlamydia screening for under 25s. In some cases a prescription may be issued, or an X-Ray requested by the nurse, however repeat prescriptions are not able to be provided at our centres
We now have a telephone triage and appointment system. Before coming to the walk-In centre you should call 0300 100 1004.
We will ask questions about your health and you will be given an appointment at an appropriate walk in centre.
The city walk-in centre based at the Beat, 6 David Lewis St, Liverpool, L1 4AF, will be temporarily closed but walk in centres will remain operational from 8am to 8pm, seven days a week at the following three sites:
· Old Swan walk-in centre, Crystal Close, L13
· Garston walk-in centre, at South Liverpool Treatment Centre, Church Road, L19
· Smithdown children’s walk-in centre, Smithdown Road, L15 (aged 16 years and under).
Patients should call: 0300 100 1004 (you will also be asked about potential symptoms of COVID-19).
The walk in centres have an advanced paediatric or general paediatric nurse on duty at each site. This clinical enhancement means regardless of which NHS walk in centre parents and carers are directed to for treatment and care of under 16 year olds, children will be seen by a specialist children’s nurse. This aims to provide equitable access to specialist children’s nurses across the city and reduce travel time for parents and carers.
You can also contact the NHS on 111. NHS 111 is available 24 hours a day, 365 days a year for any medical help which is needed fast, but is not a 999 emergency. Calls are free from landlines and mobile phones.