At Our Lady’s Bishop Eton Primary School we teach history through enquiry based topics which are enhanced through first hand experiences, field trips to relevant sites of historical interest and specialist workshops.
Local history is important to us and our curriculum has been planned to ensure our children can experience and evaluate the rich history of Liverpool.
Studying history gives our children the opportunity to:
- Learn historical facts and dates
- Learn about historical characters
- Compare and contrast how people have lived in the past and compare this to modern life.
- Examine how and why things have changed
- Be open minded and enquiring thinkers who understand cause and effect
- Expand their research skills and to develop an understanding of why the world and its people are the way they are today.
Most importantly, it prompts children to question as they explore the diversity of human experience, past lives and societies.
Here are some fantastic websites you can visit to help you learn about the past…